Our Public Spaces
The image shows our Congregational Chapel as it appeared on a 1930 post card.
It was originally built in the early 19th century so probably the earliest public building where local people met that still stands in the present Stowupland..
Spaces for Learning
Our Schools: click here to see some images of our schools
Churches and Chapels
- Congregational chapel (URC)
- Holy Trinity Church, and its vicarage
- St Peter’s and St Mary’s Church in Stowmarket
- Learn more about Stowupland’s Clergy, and other churchmen and women
- A selection of prayers and addresses from times past.
Remembering those who are no longer with us:
Support for the poor seems to have crossed parish boundaries making it difficult to detail specific Stowupland charities. Money might be donated to a parish to provide specific aid but other times rents from designated properties would be used to provide assistance for ‘poor people’
The Clubs and meetings
- O60’s club
- The WI in Stowupland, after 80 years is no more.
- Boys and Girls Brigade
- Guides and Brownies now disbanded
- The Men’s Club, not to be confused with The Men’s Shed
- Stowupland Amateur Players
- Stowupland Village Horticultural Soc.
- Stowupland Youth Club -1960’s
- Good Neighbour Scheme
- Village parties and celebrations