Chapel Lane or Alley
Chapel Lane runs from the A1120 to the Green behind what was Matthias’ or Mann’s shop.
From the Ipswich Journal 16th June,1841 An advert fore A property at Stowupland, Suffolk to be sold ” A piece of excellent LAND containing 2 roods & 15 perches lying near Thorney Green, with a building thereon (lately used as a chapel) & with Common Right over the Green & waste of the Parish. the property which is freehold except for tje building ans 1 rood of the land which are copyhold,maybe viewed on application to Mr Burch, the tennant” (tm 405?)
From The Ipswich Journal, 13th Sept 1851: “Building land to be sold – adjoining Thorney Green, lying near the church & road leading from stowmarket to Earl Stonham – 80 -roods with an OLD CHAPEL or MEETING HOUSE standing thereon.