Charles Foord joined the teaching staff at Stowupland primary school in 1957, retiring in 1974. On his retirement he gave an aerial photo of Stowupland to the school. Following his retirement he intended taking up bowling, having joined the ‘newly-formed Stowupland Bowling club.
He had been born in London in 1910 and married his wife Peggy before WW2.
He was a life elder and former treasurer of the Stowmarket United Reformed Church, and was a former clerk to Stowupland parish Council. During his life he helped Vietnamese refugees who had moved to Stowmarket, to learn English, he devoted much of his time to Stowmarket Blind Association and was an organiser for the Blood Transfusion Service.
He lived at Crowstone, Stowupland.