FREDERICK CHARLES LONG
The Reverend Frederick Charles Long who arrived in 1874 was able to take advantage of the new vicarage house centrally situated in the village and convenient for the church. He was born in Tetbury Gloucestershire, the 1871 census finds him in Stowmarket running a private school in Ipswich Street with his wife Caroline and four children. This was probably a short-lived venture as advertisements for the school do not appear beyond 1872. In 1881 after he moved on from Stowupland he is found in 1881 and 1891 as vicar of Tibshelf in Derbyshire.