Watch Bench Lane, Stowupland
This lane no longer exists having been ‘extinguished’ in the early 19th century.
This section of a late 16th century map shows the location of Watch Bench Lane. Stowupland hall will later be built to the right where the map shows a cross road with the road to Mendelsham. The land within the triangle is owned by Willaim Keble.
This sketch from 1801 shows it linking the road from Thorney Green and the road to Newton