WILLIAM EDWIN BEAUMONT
The end of the 1880s saw three vicars in as many years.
William Edwin Beaumont was from Leeds and studied at Downing College Cambridge training as a lawyer before he entered the priesthood. He took up the incumbency of Stowupland in 1887 after holding a number of curacies. In 1888 he left for a position as Vicar in St. Jude’s Chelsea after which he served churches in Oxfordshire, Derbyshire and finally St. Pancras resigning due to ill health in 1908 to Cambridge where he lived until his death in 1921.