Lewis Arthur Napthine
He was born in Westleton and trained at St Mark’s London.
He commenced his teaching career in Wickham Market, returning there after WW1 and was appointed haed master at Stowupland in 1921, following Mr Bramhall’s retirement.
1927 Mr Napthine represented the school at the funeral of Mr H.F.Harward (Chair of school managers and owner of Stowupland Hall)
In 1929 he moved to Woodbridge Council School before moving to New Street School.
He was teachers representative on East Suffolk Education Committee.
In 1947 he became a Seckford governor and governor of Woodbridge School.
He was married and had one daughter.