Oak Farm was situated on the corner of Thorney Green not to be confused with Oak Tree Farm along Saxham Street.
According to Peter List in the early 20th century it was know as a ‘two horse farm’ as when he worked there they used two horses to pull the plough.. Peter’s grandfather ‘was the farm bailiff and lived at Corner farm but also looked after Park Farm and Mill Street farm’. When Peter was a boy ‘he used to graze Oak Farm cows on the Green and earned 6d a night’
The 4 bedroom farmhouse together with a 2 bedroom cottage were advertised for sale as Oak Farm in 1976 and again in 1980.
They had previously been owned in 1904 by Mrs Rachel Diaper (the grandmother of Ruth Scarfe), in 1937 by Miss Ruth Scarfe and in 1962 by Harold Marshall.