Over 60's Club
The first meetings of the Over 60s Club or as it was known then The Old Peoples Welfare Club were held in the BB (Boys Brigade qv) Hut. These first meetings were organised by the local nurse, Nurse Minns and were held in the afternoons from July 1950. There was no heating or water so a tea urn was brought in by Dykes of Stowupland.
Contrast those early meetings with the 21st Anniversary Party which was held in the evening in the Village Hall in May 1971. Over a hundred people attended and refreshments included cake and sherry!