As Ena Carter’s notes explains the hut was brought to Stowupland in 1921 and erected on land near the Crown public house. Though for many more decades the Stowupland boys were part of the Stowmarket company.
At the start of WW2 when the village were adjusting to an influx of evacuated children from Ilford, the BB hut was used as class room space.
The hut stood near the Crown pub on land originally owned by Crown Farm. Before being burnt down in 1979, it had been used as an apple store by the Leaming’s. They had an orchard where the High School now stands. At some point the land was sold to the County Council and Stowupland High School was built. (A small area of orchard has been planted and in 2023 is being managed by members of the school with the help of the Biodiversity group)