Pubs and Inns

Before the 1930 boundary changes Stowupland could lay claim to several public houses, today we count ourselves lucky to have a choice of two, Crown Inn and The Retreat.

Since 1947 the original Retreat has been demolished and a new hostelry built, whilst the face of The Crown is probably still recognisable but it has been extended and modernised.

press cutting
Stowmarket Notebook July 25, 1947