Our Village Hall

Our village  hall was built in the 1950s being officially opened in 1956,  click links below to see   brief pictorial records from SLHG archives about:

The hall when first built stood within a muddy field. Read Neil Langridge’s article on Building the Village Hall_ Stowupland Leads the Way, and  The Story continues by Sandra Walker.

Over the years it has become the centre for many village activities. The indoor space been used for events and by groups requiring protection from the elements whilst the surrounding open space is used by various sports groups.

The tarmac-ed car park that surrounds most of the hall has been extended over the years as more and more people drive into the village to use the facilities along the A1120.

In 1990 to the rear of the hall, the  Stowupland Sports and Social Club was built to cater for the increasing numbers of local people playing  for Stowupland cricket and football teams and to provide a social space to entertain visiting teams..